W11 Mind Map - Art Based Health Promotion - Coggle Diagram
W11 Mind Map - Art Based Health Promotion
1) Historically, art has been a means of connecting to social and political movements globally.
1.1) The use of music, art and literature have enabled community organization during social and political change over the past century.
b) 1970's - Nicaraguan Independence songs, murals and poetry workshops
c) 1970's - South African song and theatre
a) 1940's - music during US Segregation
d) 1980's - Vietnam War Memorial dedication
e) 2020 BLM George Floyd art, photographs, music, poems
2) Arts-based health promotion is an engaging tool that can be used for community organization and promotion of health and well-being.
2.1) There are various methods that can be used to employ art-based heal promotion.
c) Visual arts (painting, murals, sculpture, textile etc)
d) Social media (i.e. video, photography, film, documentary etc)
b) Music (i.e. singing, instruments etc)
4) There are several approaches to implement and assess arts-based methods.
4.1) Dorothy Nyswander’s approach to Arts in the Practice of Community Organizing for Health.
d) Bringing attention to an issue
e) Promoting community building
c) Increasing awareness and relay health education messages
f) Promoting healing from intergenerational and collective trauma
b) Finding out about a community
g) Promoting a culture of health
a) Getting people involved
4.2) Guba and Lincoln’s quality criteria to ensure trustworthiness of collected data for art-based methods.
f) Ontological Authenticity
g) Educative Authenticity
5) Health promoters need to assess our Canadian social and political contexts that influences health inequalities across Canada.
5.1) There are a number of factors to consider to ensure successful arts-based health promotion responses.
d) Historic and current social contexts
e) SDoH and health inequities of target communities/populations of interest
c) Historic and current political contexts
f) Cultural safety and trauma informed training
b) Partnerships and collabotators
a) Communities of interest
3) Culture and critical consciousness is central for arts-based health and social equity promotion.
3.1) Arts-based health promotion is often used to create dialogue for social, political and health transformation.
b) Resistance to apartheid systems
c) Pandemics (i.e. HIV, COVID-19)