TESTING - Coggle Diagram
- Like the pimped windows in a car.
- Testing without access to the source code.
- You have all the system to the test code, just like the developer.
- Mix between WHITEBOX and BLACKBOX.
- Most Testers do this.
- Software Testing that is used to ensure the application is usable by people with disabilities:
- Deaf, color blind, old age, etc..
- Add to Resume.
- ALL Government in the US requires this certificate.
- FREE To take!!!!!
- Speech Recognition Software:
(converts spoken word to text}
- Screen reader software:
(used to read out text that is displayed on the screen)
- Screen Magnification software:
(used to enlarge the monitor)
- Special Keyboard:
(easier for users to type)
- You do the load test to determine the system's behavior.
- You make notes of it's function during peak conditions.
- Downloading a series of large files from the internet.
- To check if the application is secured or not.
- Check's to see if the application is vulnerable to attacks.
- System logs in to the application without any authorization.
- Ethical Hacking that is done by professionals.
- The process of testing different user experience to determine the best way for a website and it's elements to interact with it's audience.
- Type of software testing that confirms that program/code change did not affect existing features.
- Re-testing test cases to make sure they work fine.
- Change in requirements
- Code is modified
- New feature to the software
- Defect fixing
- Performance issue fix
Test Cases are categorized as:
- Don't re-execute the entire test suite
- Pick a part of the test suite to run
- It's not easy selecting test cases, because a large number of defects reported are due to last minute bug fixes that created side effects.
- Select test cases based on: frequent defects, have core features of the product, recent changes, and that are more visible to users.
- Reusable Test Cases
(can be used in regression cycle)
- Obsolete Test Cases
(can't be used in regression cycle)
- WHEN - A step that defines the 'action' preformed.
- WHEN I perform "Sign in."
- THEN - A test step that defines the 'outcome.'
- THEN I should see: "Welcome TestPro."
- GIVEN - A step that defines the 'context'
- GIVEN user is on the Login page
- AND - You may have multiple When or Then.
- AND I write "Email Address" with: [INSERT EMAIL].
- Bug that has to do with function.
- If you type this and it doesn't work then it's functional.
- If you click skip and it doesn't, then it's functional.
THE TOP TO FOUNDATION vvvv
- Manual / Exploratory Tests (Done by you)
- UI / API Testing (Done by you and developers)
- Integration Testing (Developers)
- Component Testing (Developers)
- Unit Testing (Developers)