The Future of Direct Channel, Forces
Questions & Hypotheses
- How could decreased demand for ink increase HP's power over suppliers?
- What are the areas where need for consumer/small biz printing are going to sustain/increase? What are the areas where need will decline?
- How do we minimize disruption of channel partners? Definitely relevant to retail, maybe to inbound supply chain
- NH Team - How has the business model changed for consumer focused accounting products-- TurboTax and Quicken/Quickbooks; need to find companies that have gone D2C while maintaining some retail presence
- What companies does HP want us to benchmark against?
- How could an ecosystem approach support the printer BU?
- How can the website experience be improved to help encourage purchases, program enrollment, etc.?
- What type of experts should we be connecting with (Direct Channel Experts, Technology & Device Experts)?
- What is the definition of "Printing" in 20 years?
RE-FOCUS on aaS & Subscription Models along with Sales Channels research (also look at relevant omni-channel, if possible)