INTRODUCTORY TO PROGRAMMING - Coggle Diagram
What is C programming?
• C is a powerful language.
• C is a structured programming language.
• C supports functions that enables easy maintainability of
code, by breaking large file into smaller modules.
• C programming is a special language decided to instruct a
computer to do certain task.
• It uses a simple everyday-like- English abbreviation code for easy understanding by programmer.
The compiler and execute program
• A programmer uses a text editor to create or modify files
containing C code.
• Code is also known as source code.
• A file containing source code is called a source file.
• After a C source file has been created, the programmer must
invoke the C compiler before the program can be executed run.
• A compiler is special program that processes
statements written in a particular programming
language and turns them into machine language or
“code” that a computer’s processor uses.
• Used to check the Programs for Errors
• Compiler creates a object file if there is no error in the Source Code
DEFINITION AND TYPES OF PROGRAMMING
Program:A set of step-by-step instructions that directs a computer to perform a specific task and to produce the required results.
Programmer: Programmer is a person who writes the program.
Programming: Programming is a process of designing/ creating a
The various types of programming
UNDERSTAND THE TYPES OF PROGRAMMING AND
STRUCTURE PROGRAMMING METHODOLOGY.
Types of programming
a) structured programming
Programming methodology in which the instructions are written in a sequence
The structured program is viewed as a series of task to be done, such as reading data, processing data and generating report or output
The main program fragmented into smaller functions which are the narranged in a hierarchical structure