Inequality = the condition of being unequal, relates to things that can be expressed in numbers.
Inequity = injustice and unfairness, so it usually relates to more qualitative matters.
• Initially, tried to address this social inequality of health by +healthcare needs but this didn’t change outcomes
• Black report of 1980s then argued it is material causes -> social inequality of health
• Inequality = between the highest & lowest social class is rising
• Life expectancy = Graphs show despite higher life expectancy, in -SES its lower w/ +infant mortality
• Mortality & morbidity = decreased for every social class, higher for lower classes.
• Gap in inequality = been reduced in terms of absolute number of deaths involved, however gap in relative terms has become larger.