Added as a priority project for Tapash in FY19. Still need to determine single lead point person. Landscape evaluation has been completed by DNR which added “middle Cle Elum” watershed (which surrounds Cle Elum lake). Action items for FY20:
• Finish Portal/story map elements deliverable from DNR’s 2019 All Lands Forest Restoration Grant.
• Finish mapping planned vegetation treatments in the lower watershed and future desired. Focus to date has been on wildfire risk reduction to community residents while incorporating restoration principles as it also meets landowner objectives.
• Tier to KCFACC annual operating plan
• Determine path forward on determining role of aquatics in landscape and group
• Justify Sorts timber sale is sold, roads have been built, logging is starting August 2019 (sale has a unit of heavily infested DF tussock moth visible from I-90, Exit 93).
• TNC will complete 123 acres of forest thinning and mastication on Central Cascade Forests to complete forest restoration and fuel treatment as part of Buffalo Springs fuels multi-landowner project.
• As part of the Joint Chief’s All Lands, All Lands, Building Resilient Landscapes and Fire Adapted Communities in Washington’s East Cascades, TNC will develop thinning prescriptions to meet forest health and fuel treatments on Central Cascades Forest (CCF) lands on the Cle Elum Ridge adjacent to Cle Elum, Roslyn, and Ronald to the west, and TeanawayCommunity Forest to the east. In consultation with local DNR foresters, Conservancy Forester will prioritize treatment units, complete unit layout on 400 acres and implement 70 acres of thinning and fuel treatments via contract.
• Incorporate burning with Cascadia Prescribed Fire Training Exchange as burning windows permit. Current units in this landscape include Roslyn Urban Forest, Bakter LLC, and Morgan unit Central Cascades Forests land.