FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM, SEXUAL CHARACTERISTICS, FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE…
PUBERTY IN GIRLS
- Most girls experience puberty between 10 and 16
- They grow taller and their body becomes fuller
- The breast develop and hair grows in the pubic areas and armpits.
- Glands produce more oil. (acne or spots)
THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE
- Usually stars when womens are between 10 15 years old.
- The brain produce hormones that causes the ovaries to release ova
- Approximately every 28 days, an ovary release an ovum into fallopian tubes. (OVULATION)
- Before ovulation, the ovaries release hormones (oestrogen and progesterone) and the walls of the uterus become thickers.
- If fertilisation does not occurs, the uterus release extra blood and tissue (MENSTRUATION /PERIOD)
- Menstruations happens about 14 days after ovulation and usually last 3 to 5 days.
- When women get older (50 years old) menstrual cycle stop (MENOPAUSE)
PUBERTY IN BOYS
- Occurs later than in girls ( 11- 16 years old)
- The brain produces hormones that affect the testicles and the testicles stars to produce a hormone called TESTOSTERONE
- Physical changes:
- Become taller and heavier and reproductive organs grow
- Body hair grows specially in the armpits, pubic area, moustache...
4º LABOUR AND BIRTH
- Pregnancy last about 280 days (40 weeks)
- When the baby is ready to be born the mother goes into labour
- The muscles in the uterus starts to contracts. Contractions push the baby against the cervix with stars to open
- The amniotic sacs breaks and the fluid released.
- The baby is pushed through the cervix, into the vagina or birth canal.
- Finally the placenta ( afterbirth) separates from the wall of uterus and leaves the through the birth canal
During puberty, boys and girls experience changes with their body shapes and their feelings