MULTIMEDIA COMPONENT:TEXT (TYPOGRAPHY: Is the design of the characters and…
: Is the design of the characters and the way they are presented on the page. It is the visual design of text.
Principles of typography:
Serif type faces
have attributes or strokes at the tips of the letter, eg,
Times News Roman.
Sans Serif typefaces
meaning without serif,eg, Arial.
1) classical size, 10 points. 2) used for large blocks of text.
1) larger type, 18 points and above. 2) used in displaying posters, flyers
Goals of typographic design:
4) capture audience interest.
2) help audience in gathering information quickly and accurately
1) plays an important role in how audience reprieve document and information.
3) create relationships between different types of information.
Design principles for typography:
3) Uniformity or consistency
2) Similarity alignment
Hierarchy and typography:
Hierarchy helps audience distinguish between levels of information, such as heading or body text.
Criteria for deciding a font to use
: Is the specific size, weight and style applied to a typeface.
There are types of family fonts, each fonts family has different personality in evoking tone and mode.
size is measured in points.
Is the different sizes, weights and variations of a typeface.
refers to the slant, weight and special effects applied to the text. Examples: 1)
, 3) Underline, 4) Shadow, 5) Outline, 6) Small caps.