Management and Leadership (Leadership Styles: (Autocratic leadership means…
Management and Leadership
Managers: A person that acts like a boss, is responsible of the workers and it manages them.
• Explaining routines.
• Clarifying policies.
• Providing feedback on performance.
Preparing a structure (organization chart) showing lines of authority and responsibility.
• Recruiting, selecting, training, and developing employees.
• Placing employees where they’ll be most effective.
• Setting organizational goals.
• Developing strategies to reach those goals..
• Setting precise standards.
• Determining resources needed
• Monitoring performance relative to standards. •
• Rewarding outstanding performance.
• Taking corrective action when necessary.
Decisions making: is choosing among two or more alternatives, which sounds easier than it is.
Define the situation.
Describe and collect needed information.
Decide which alternative is best.
Do what is indicated (begin implementation).
Determine whether the decision was a good one, and follow up.
Autocratic leadership means making managerial decisions without consulting others.
Participative leadership involves managers and employees working together to make decisions.
free-rein leadership managers set objectives and employees are free to do whatever is appropriate to accomplish those objectives.
Include dealers, who buy products to sell to others, and ultimate customers such as you and me, who buy products for their own personal use
Individuals and units within the firm that receive services from other individuals or units.