Scholarly Article #2
Birkenmaier, Julie, et al. “For Their Financial Benefit: Determination of Financial Capability for Adult Beneficiaries of Social Security Disability.” Social Work, vol. 62, no. 3, July 2017, pp. 271–273. EBSCOhost, doi:10.1093/sw/swx020.
3 Main Points
- The role that social workers play in assisting adults with disabilities
- financial literacy, or capability, of U.S. disabled adult beneficiaries.
3 Direct Quotes
- "The mechanisms could include screening criteria for specific psychiatric, cognitive, and physical conditions that have variations in symptom severity level and degree of impairment, and can limit financial capability".
- This quote would fit into the aspect of the disabled beneficiaries needing additional assistance explains to idea of payees
- "More than 17 million disabled Americans receive financial benefits from the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) through the Supplemental Security Income or the Social Security Disability Insurance programs, or both".
- This quote will support the numbers prove just how much disabled people depend on benefits