STRATEGY AND THE ORGANISATION (An organisation's mission - the…
STRATEGY AND THE ORGANISATION
An organisation's mission
- the starting point for company objectives and making strategies decision
purpose (why the organisation exists)
tangible goal of the organisation
Developing an organisation vision
can contain quite abstract elements
framework that include
purpose from which mission statement is developed
The six F test
Is it focused?
Is it flexible?
Is is feasible?
Is it faxable?
Is it fun?
Is is fantastic?
The future environment
The STEEP model
- the relevant technology that will be available to customers and to competitors
- the likely political regimes, the laws
- the general state of the economy; salaries, disposable income, interest rate, taxation and so on
- consumers, habits and preferences; general and particular attitudes and behaviour
- likely thinking on environmental matters
The STEEP model provide a checklist for scanning environment
THE PEST AND PESTLE MODEL
- this is useful for forecasting demand by studying current and past patterns
Analysing the competition
Porter's five forces model
The value chain
- shows the activities or functions within and organisation that contribute to the creation of product or service
Porter's value chain model