Questions: "An Equation For Good" (George Price (Manhattan…
Questions: "An Equation For Good"
"If the world is so cruel, how do we account for it?"
How do we know whats really generous?
Working at a lab, 56 hours straight of working
Why would families split? Why would he have the philosphy to just leave his family?
How capable are you of making babies? Being fit for the environment
Huge Slug Example: Sacrifice 20% of the ameba to let the other 80% live
Altruism: The theory of evolution but for the good of the everyone
Genes, the passing of Genomes
Brother and Sister: 50%
Evolution has turned the math of Genomes and passing our genomes into our instict
Creates an incredible equation to calculate how your instinct to pass on your genome could evolve
Wrote the equation, showed to professor to university of London, immediately got a professorship.
The math means that there cannot be any true selflessness
Decided to embark on a journey to prove the theory that there can be true altruism
Starting buying people on the streets sandwiches
Gave homeless people keys to his place
Started to share alcohol and drank from their bottles
Gave them food, clothes, money
By getting poorer and poorer, hes trying to negate his theory that there can never be true altruism
Obsessed with fighting the self preservation instinct, was determined to win, became obsessed
Approached this like a math proof
Moved to an abandon home, George met Silvia,
She noticed he was getting thinner and thinner
Starting to write letters to his daughters: " I am so sorry I abandoned you, sobbing and sobbing"
Asking Silvia to marry him over and over
Silvia kept saying no and denying
Started to become quieter and quieter
1 more item...