🤦♀️ PREPOSITIONS (Prepositions of time ON / IN / AT / (for, since)…
Prepositions of time ON / IN / AT / (for, since)
Fill in the gaps
1) __ Thursday I met my new boss;
📍What did you do __ Thursday?
2) Yesterday __ 11:00 I was sleeping;
📍What were you doing yesterday __ 11 o'clock? (we are in the middle)
3) __ 1999 I worked for a different company;
📍What did you do __ 1999?
4) I'll call you back __ 5 minutes?
5) __ the moment I'm teaching English
📍What are you doing __ the moment?
6) I usually have a shower __ the morning?
7) I have known this man __ 2009;
(unfinished period = present perfect)
8) I have had my car __ 4 years.
📍 How long have you had your car?
ON, IN and AT prepositions of space
Use ‘at’ with places on a page:
- at the top of the page
- at the bottom of the page
Use ‘on’ with surfaces:
📍 on the ceiling / on the wall / on the floor
📍 on the table
📍Use ‘on’ with small islands
Fill in the gaps
1) Where is he? He is lying ___ bed;
2) I do my homework ___ school;
📍Where are you doing your homework?
3) At 9 o'clock he was sitting ___ the sofa
4) I put the boxes ___ (под) the bed yesterday
5) He was reading a newspaper when I saw him __ the station?
6) I work __ home __ the evening.
7) How long has she been ___ the bathroom?
8) I have been ___ work all day
VERBS AND PREPOSITIONS
💪 The best way to learn verbs + prepositions BY USING THEM!
1) belong to
📍 Who does your house belong to?
2) accuse somebody of
📍 Have you ever been falsely accused of doing something?
3) borrow from
📍Who do you usually borrow money from?
4) lend to
📍Who do you usually lend money to?
5) happen TO!!!
❌ NOT "happen with"
📍Have you ever been robbed/sacked? When did it happen to you?
6) talk / speak to
❌ NOT "talk with"
📍How often DO you talk to your parents?
7) think of (opinion/ static)
📍What do you think of the president?
8) think about (plan / dynamic verb)
📍 What are you thinking about doing tonight?
9) depend on
❌ NOT! depends from!!
📍 Who do you depend on most?
10) apologise for
📍 When was the last time you apologised for something?
11) divided / separate into
📍 How many rooms is your house divided into?
12) focus on
📍Do you find it difficult to focus on studying English?
FCE EXAM prepositions
after all these prepositions if you use a verb it has to be a gerund!
1) sympathize with ... (teachers)
Eg. Do you sympathize with teachers?
2) rely on = depend on
Eg. Who do you rely on most?
3) Blame s.o. for s.m.
Eg. Who do you blame for problems of poverty/ corruption in your country?
4) congratulate s.o. on smth.
Eg. When was the last time s.o. congratulated you on smth.?
5) insist on Eg.
Do you insist on learning English perfectly? Or do you think it's fine to make mistakes?
6) believe in
Do you believe in aliens?
7) succeed in
Do you think you will succeed in passing your next interview?