CHAPTER 12: SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP ( (Principles of social…
CHAPTER 12: SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Definition: Social entrepreneurship is the use of start-up companies and other entrepreneurs to develop, fund and implement solutions to social, cultural, or environmental issues.
Principles of social entrepreneurship:
• Positive social impact
• Divergent thinking
• Sustainable methods
• Scalable innovation
Concepts of social entrepreneurship:
• Generates non-profit initiatives in search of alternative funding to create social value.
• Supports the alleviation of social problems
and the catalyzing of social transformation.
Importance of social entrepreneurship:
• Meeting social needs
• Encouraging ethical markets
• Improving public services
• Increasing entrepreneurial activities
Qualities of successful social entrepreneurship:
• Make market work
• Share leadership
Contributions of social entrepreneurship:
• Meeting social and environmental needs
• Promote ethical market
• Advocates improved public service
• Boost overall entrepreneurial involvement of the masses.