PLT 12 March 2019 (Climate and Energy (Climate Justice: Workshop went…
PLT 12 March 2019
Climate and Energy
Climate Justice: Workshop went really well. court case discussions went well. Great appetite for the work = WA group was created. Storytelling = Poet in Witbank wants to arrange events
Survey was done at end of workshop. Outcomes will be shared
IRP - may be released beforfe elections. Document draft has been shared and has more coal in it than the original draft. They are trying to apease the re-election lobby.
Quests / comments: Group in GPI working on the link between oceans and climate
Energy Transition: Focussing on energy pollution, impacts on residents of Jburg and PTA. 1st time there will be nrs to show how many are affected. Lawrie> Trying to get meetings with various entities to press breakfast on 19 March. A lot of criticism on the ? (Melita). Trying to learn from our the last release in terms of the criticism from our last releases. Human right festival starting next wk Thurs, will be a march, have 2 stands, Climbers will be there a have banner drop. Deadline for ? End of March. Petition hand over in wk of 8 April before plastics push. Q: Will the SO2 be included in the energy report? A: Report has bee done on SO2 but has not been included yet.
A news report in SA on spying: 1 of the findings = some civil society orgs incl GPAf was spied upon by state security. Our response is that we condemn this and a waste of money, we take these findings very seriously. 1 step we want to do is to get more info - type of spying, money spent, time spent on this. Work with other civil society orgs. Work through director generals office. Issue a complaint to pub protects office. connect with GPI for legal and other guidance, security risks and how to manage them. Want full disclosure on the information. By exposing it would be in the public domain. Expect apology and acknowledgment that it won't happen again.
Climate March on 15 March. May offices are participating. Would be good to amplify it in places unknown. Act: Activity scan out in all countries where it is happening and when details.
Stolen fish: preparation of differnt documents and in final discussions / review with GPI. Enga strat wll be finalised this week. A lot has been done to ensure the Dakar Meeting and to launch the project. May / Early June. Working woth local women and communities to enable understanding of our work. Reports to GPI.
After the meeting could look at the doucment togther with PLT
Ship Tour: Dakar leg has not yet been confirmed. Working along with UN Treaty
Aliou working in seperate document. All to input on it
Prisitis is ongoing with fisheries management.
Attendees: Toko (Chair), Zane, Paul, Melita, Victorine, Ibrahima, Irene, Celehte, Thembi
Apologies: Lindyn, Renee, Shoana
Irene struggling with Smartsheet - Celehte to set up meeting with Irene to assist with Smartsheet.
Zane share some of the progresses on the work. Zane to share presenstation
DRC, releasing consession for govt to cancel the current law befor end of march 2019. challenging th govedt and supporters of the govt. Wat to use this international and national. GP invited to CAFI bond. Want to support communities in our processes and do Photo op around peatland protection.
Support needed from Engagement. Make sure that there is a videographers brief. Give story of events overf the last 3 years. Have a strong brief and ensure we have budgeting sorted.
Baka Community Festival in Cameroon currently in progress. Week of 25 march 2019