Parliament ( The ways in which parliament interacts with the executive…
The Legislative process
- legislative bill is a proposal for a new law or change to existing law
- act of parliament is a bill that has completed all stages in parliament and become law.
- Origin bill may originate as a green or white paper.
- first reading in commons
- second reading where it is debated and vote may be taken.
- committee stage where it is scrutinised by a public bill committee.
- report stage where the whole house considers amendments.
- third reading where it is debated and voted on by whole house.
- HOL stages where it goes through the same stages but in HOL
- Royal assent