Innovative Differentiation Strategy (Conqueror Learner …
Innovative Differentiation Strategy
Those students who are fast in grasping the concept and are the advanced group in solving the pre-assessment and are able to carry on by themselves with only supervision
2) Asking for Similarities and Differences
3) Create Learning Stations
1) Creating an open Questions
4) Student create their own a word problem and then solve it
5) Enriching and modifying the existing mathematics curriculum.
6) Acceleration and Technology:
Type of assessment for the Conqueror Learner
• Teachers can involve students in developing and using criteria or rubrics
• Create performance-based assessments
• Give out of level assessments to allow the student to demonstrate mastery
• Develop criteria for assessing critical thinking, evaluating and decision making
• Provide tests at a higher level of thinking
• Develop assessment based on application of skills to real problems
• Provide self-checking materials
The unstoppable learners
These learners need more detailed explanation on the topic and requires additional time for them to master the skills. Teacher should differentiate their strategy to elevate their level,
Type of assessment for the unstoppable Learner
• Students should have a clear thoughts about the expectations of assessment.
• Use of simple language and vocabulary when writing the problem-solving questions.
• Instructions about assessment should be clear and unambiguous.
• Use direct instruction assessments
3) Student Think-Aloud
2) Visual & graphic representations of problems
5) Raise the bar for all
1) Systematic and Explicit Instruction:
On level students who have knowledge about the topic but need more elaboration to master the skill falls in this category. Teacher should use different, deeper strategies and techniques to fulfill their needs.
Type of assessment for peach maker Learner
• Develop assessment based on application of skills to real problems suitable for their level
• Use easy to moderate level of questions
• Focus on designing a effective assessment for students’ level
• Use problem solving questions to enhance their ability
• Assessment should be challenging for their abilities
3) Math games
4) Manipulation tools
2) Use the Think-Pair-Share Strategy
5) Build excitement and reward progress
1) Interview Students