UAI Process (Once the New Part number is created
in steps 1 - 5, the…
Once the New Part number is created
in steps 1 - 5, the following steps 6-14 need to be completed.
Step 9 - Print Work Order and deliver to warehouse
- Print both WO cover page and List Locations sheet
- You can do this from the WO page
- Red stamp and deliver to warehouse
Step 11 - Make new PN the Default
- Check the box on the Item Card.
Step 8 - Select 'Modify Work Order BOM' and
- Remove ESM entry
- Add old PN being replaced
- DO NOT add any quantity values
Step 12 - Update All BOMs with new PN
Step 7 - Create Preliminary Work Order with correct inventory quantity
- NOTE: For the WO include quantity from LIST LOCATION, and add 'Inventory Consolidation' message with old and new PN's and accept changes
Step 13 - Obsolete the old PN
- Move Lifcycle to Obsolete on Gen Info Tab
- Check Order Entry 'Discontinued Item"
- Check 'Bin Item Flag' in Planning Tab
Step 6 - Make temp BOM on new part using ESM placeholder
- Note: Choose ESM as the BOM Item to add.
Step 14 - Notify Purchasing and Jim G.
- Vendor ID card and pricing information
will need updating.
Step 1 -Use the Import Wizard to
create a new part.
- Using Execl Spreadsheet, copy as much
information over as possible
Before selecting the Create Template ensure:
- You have selected the ITEMS check box
- You have the SAVE TEMPLATES TO, and IMPORT TEMPLATES FROM boxes set to your local PC
- The Intuitive Import Wizard
needs to be set up on your PC.
- Contact IT Help Desk
- The Wizard requires an ERP License
Step 4- Using the Sandbox ERP
as a test site:
- Import your ITEM Excel sheet
Step 5 - Confirm rev changes
- Using the Sandbox ERP ensure
the changes you have made are accurate
- Once confirmed, submit to Chad (IT HelpDesk)
for implementation in Production ERP
Create a UAI Work Order (Legacy part revised)
- Use Import Wizard to create new part, copy all information over to new part (Note: Step 1-5 of this map is this step)
- Make temp BOM on new part using ESM placeholder (Step 6)
- Create Preliminary Work Order with correct inventory quantity (List Location and use template description to consolidate inventory) (Step 7)
- Modify Work Order BOM (Remove ESM and add old PN. DO NOT add any other quantity information) (Step 8)
- Print Work Order and deliver to warehouse (Stamp and deliver)(Step 9)
- Delete Temp BOM on new PN (Step 10)
- Make the new rev default check box (Step 11)
- Update all BOMs (BOM Mass Update) (Step 12)
- Obsolete old rev (Step 13)
- Notify Purchasing and Jim G. to update new item Vendor Card and pricing on revision change (Step 14)