GROSS (CLENCH) vs SUBTLE (LIFT) ACTION
• Not gross (largely physical) but more of subtle one
• In both Hatha & Pranayama portions of yoga, in order to redirect healing pranic energy into specific area of body via bandhas, most beneficial to not tighten/clench
• Three parts:
1. Practice Ashwini Mudra: Contraction of anal sphincter, as if stopping your poop
2. Practice Vajroli Mudra: Contraction of urethra, as if stopping the stream of your pee.
3. Practice Mula Bandha: Gentle upward tug in your perineum (space between genitals & anus). Imagine sensation as if tissue is being drawn up through cellophane of tissue box