6.2.2 The Purpose + suitability of methods of presenting information (How…
6.2.2 The Purpose + suitability of methods of presenting information
- Colours need to be appropriate to male,female or transgender. Gender neutral colours can be used.
- Presentation methods selected + context should be suitable for the target age group.
- numbers are universal but text is not so people who does not have English as their first language could cause problems.
- The message or product/service of the information needs to target the correct income group.
- the location must be internal,external,national + international.Location should be considered because some areas does not have the best broadband internet to view resources online.
- Information present in different ways: face to face/ The Cloud .
Includes disability: providing subtitles for videos/ability to increase font size/use screen reader.
- Resources to be shared
- The resources access + used by anyone. Use of website + information shared face to face public meeting.
- Resource shared between specific group of people.
Emails + responding requests from social media/ internal staff of a business.
Information; contact details should be included.
The use of existing templates.
Use of pre-defined house style
A word limit of a report.
This is when considering the user constraints:
The presentation method
Availability of information
Unstable + unavailable internet connection
will limit access to Cloud
paper based format will be available to those who can access physically.
Delays mean that data + information is
out of date.
Deadlines set in the initiation phase must be met.
Delays in RTD:
more delays +
accidents in smart motorway
, if a motorist is not informed.
People are unprepared for bad weather
cause loss of lives + injuries.
Real- time data
- (RTD) - how data is delivered immediately after it is collected.
Available 24hrs a day + constantly updated.
RTD for transport (flights,trains,ships - enables people to plan their journey + check arrival.departure times.
(satnav) enables the
driver to find routes. If any delay mention ,can plan an alternative route.
use RTD to
inform drivers of problems
alter the speed limit
suit the conditions
on the motorway.
data uses RTD to t
rack the weather forcast for any preparations.
uses RTD for
Personal digital assistant
voice commands to access RTD to answer questions, give up to date news, play music,check weather.
What impact is to be achieved from distributing information
Numbers impact graphs + charts to enable visualization.
Diagram increase impact as they are easier to understand that text.
A presentation increase impact if it has sounds,video + graphics
Impact depend on the message given by the information to the target audience.
Impact increased by Distribution channel.
How information is shared across distribution channels
Voice Over internet Protocol
Used with video calling using a webcam , allows the data + info to be seen.
- Useful when information is talked through, files can be sent to someone accepting the call via email.
written informal style. Information is distributed by the blogger can be read by others.
Distribute information through a video . Videos can be downloaded to watch online.
provide an internal messaging service. if the info is kept to a small number of authorised people.
accessed by anyone connected to the internet . Most business have website to enable to distribute info
Web pages on internal websites distribute info, provide links to info/ an internal bog + allow files to download.
A post can be uploaded onto a social media web page.
Users can like + dislike a post + share links.
Business use this to keep customers + interested people up to date.
An internal messaging service found on the intranet homepage , keep the intranet users up to date.
Emails can be sent as long as internet connection is available.
Attachments can be sent to distribute data + information.
Combines elements (text,sound,video + graphics)
Include user interaction
Powerful as distributional channel
Can be uploaded to a sharing site/embedded into a website / social media channel.
applications, apps that are designed to be run on the mobile device:tablet / smartphone.
apps distribute data + info about a specific thing.
Requires internet connection when data + information to be distributed.
Large files take time to download / may become corrupted
Files stored in Cloud to access them when the user need them.
Selection of presentation methods
The target audience
Distribution channel to be used