Chapter 6-1 through 6-5 Skeletal System (6-1 skeletal primary functions…
- Which of the following is a step in intramembranous ossification?
Fibrous connective tissue is connective tissue is converted to bone tissue
- In intramembranous ossification,
-Osteoblasts differentiate with in a connective tissue
-osteoblasts cluster together and secrete organic matrix
-ossification occurs at th ossifficatiion center
(all of the above)
- The presence of an epiphyseal line indicates epiphseal growth has ended.
- The hormone calcitonin funtions to
increase the rate of bone deposition.
- a compound fracture
results in bone breaking the skin
- the parathyroid hormone -stimulates osteoclast activity -increases the rate of calcium absorption -decreases the rate of calcium excretion. (all the above)