Chapter 5: Detail Design - Coggle Diagram
Chapter 5: Detail Design
Activities and Decision in Detail Design
Used to communicate the ideas between the designers and between the designers and manufacturing personnel.
types of drawings
1) sketches (layout drawing)
2) Detail drawing
3) Assembly drawing
Bill of Material
an index of the parts that were used in the product.
The information should be included in BOM
The item number
The part number
The quantity needed in the assembly
The name and description of the component
The material from which the component is made
The source of the component
1 more item...
Modelling and Simulation
construction techniques are available for designers
4) Virtual prototyping
1) Check for the design safety in terms of computing the forces that act on each component
2) Manufacturability of the components needs to be checked
3) Cost analysis of the components.
4) The aesthetics or the look of the product needs to be maintained
Design for manufacturing (DFM)
failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
design of experiment (DOE)
Design for Assembly (DFA)
every part has to be checked. It must be determined if it is a necessary part or would it be better integrated into other parts or be replaced by a similar function part that is simpler and costs less.
Design for Environment
factors contributed to design for environment