Benefits of Using New Technology in Language Learning, Traditional…
- Traditional education is not so efficient anymore and teachers need to motivate their students more than ever when presenting any material in the classroom.
- Books are taking a back seat and new technology means that classes can be much richer in content and more participative than before
- The use of technology as much in the classroom as outside it makes the students feel much more motivated
- They can practice a language through features such as voice recognition and interactive multimedia exercises.
- For young students it’s much more stimulating to learn with a tablet or smartphone than with a traditional textbook and its CD of practice exercises.
- Technology in language learning transforms students from passive recipients to active learners and allows more profound and enriching linguistic immersion
- Making and keeping lists of groups of students, managing courses, evaluating students with tests and exams which are administrative in nature, are these days managed thanks to online educational platforms which offer innumerable functionalities tailored to educational centres’ needs..
- They give educational institutions the best and most effective control over activities such as activating student accounts, creating groups, sending out communications and automatic notifications also can perform important tasks such as monitoring the progress of students through specialised software.
- The flipped classroom method in English courses, along with technology in language learning to complement it, is turning English classrooms into an environment where sharing, debating, creating and forming opinions is nurtured, a space which is much more creative and participatory
- Learning is better with virtual whiteboards, the students are a lot more involved, and online exercises and interactive multimedia content are motivating for them.
- The use of new technology allows students to be much more creative and participative in the classroom.
-They prepare a basis of knowledge outside the classroom engaging with all the content in the course and share this knowledge with the rest of the students and the teacher to demonstrate what they have learnt and reinforce it in a coordinated way
- Educational technology allows students to be much better prepared for class, and provides teachers with attractive resources to make their classes much more human and sociable, where all students have the opportunity to participate regardless of their level.
From this article, technology are the most effective and attractive to students who want to be successful in their learning. Nowadays, students would prefer more to use technology to study than learning form book or traditional educationa method. So, teacher must always keep up-to-date about technology as it give benefits to students
Technology can be so beneficial to students as they can learn in effective ways. This can be seen on how technology can make the best complementary tool for teacher in the classroom, can give motivating and stimulating for students, ease in managing and monitoring student progress, create a unique experience as much for the teacher as the students and promote interactivity and collaboration within learning. In this technology era, technology has truly resulted in making our lives much easier and has also led to modernization in many fields especially for students.