ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE - Coggle Diagram
The 4D Model of Appreciative Inquiry
Large Group Interventions
Future search, open space, and other interventions that involve “the whole system”
• May last a few days
• Large group sessions
• High involvement with minimal structure
Limitations of large group interventions
• Risk that a few people will dominate
• Focus on common ground may hide differences
• Limited opportunity to contribute
• Generates high expectations about ideal future
Cross-Cultural and Ethical Concerns
• Linear and open conflict assumptions different from values in some cultures
• Privacy rights of individuals
• Management power
• Individuals’ self-esteem
Parallel Learning Structure Approach
Promote innovation and change in large bureaucratic organizations while retaining the advantages of bureaucratic design
When to used it
To foster innovation and creativity within a bureaucratic system.
To support the exchange of knowledge and expertise among performers.
To develop and implement organization-wide innovations.
To capture the organization's collective expertise.