The Silmarillion Important Names Olivia and Sophia D. (Groups of Beings…
The Silmarillion Important Names Olivia and Sophia D.
Groups of Beings
: the High Ones of Arda, the greatest of the Valar
- the giver of fruits, one of the Aratar, responsible for growing in Arda. Wife of Aule.
Children of Iluvatar:
elves and men the two races created by Iluvatar
- First king of Noldor and led his oh a journey from the Middle-earth to Valinor.
- is said to be the wisest and fairest of Finwe’s sons and he founded his own royal house called, "The Golden House of Finarfin"
- a Noldor elf and one of the Elven kindred that departed from Valinor in the land of Aman. Son of Finwe.
- the second High King of the Noldor. He is the eldest son of Finwe and he founded the House of Fingolfin.
: known as “The Holy Ones”, they encompass the Valar and the Maiar, the first and mightiest beings to be created by Iluvatar, and helped him create the world.
- an Ainur and a Valar, who was responsible for fashioning and crafting the substances of which Arda, the world, was compose.
- group of beings; they entered Eä in the beginning of time. They are divine and contain great power.
: the fourteen Ainur that entered Arda after its creation, to give order to the world and combat evil, the most powerful of the Ainur, sometimes called gods.
- Valar responsible for the judgement of the spirits of Eldar. Mandos was the sixth greatest of the Lords of the Valar, and fifth greatest Aratar.
- Ainur, Aratar and Valar responsible for the oceans of Arda.
- Valar, responsible for the hunt
- group of fictional characters; fierce demons that are associated with fire and they have claws of steel. They are twice the size of humans and rarely come out of hiding.
- a group of elves and when they were created they were the only beings able to speak
- The Quenya name for men east of the Blue Mountains and especially for the Three Men of Edain
- a group of high elves of the Second Clan who migrated to Valinor and lived in Eldamar.
- they are small humanoids that live and dwell in the mountains. They are associated with mining, blacksmithing and jewellery.
- name given to the elves of the west
- Before Oromë found the Elves at Cuiviénen, Melkor enslaved some of them and cruelly tortured them, turning them into Orcs.
- the realm of the Valar, known as the undying lands, usually immortals were the only ones allowed to reside there.
Illuin (also known as sky-blue)
- is the north of the two Lamps of the Valar and brings the light to Valar.
- the universe, created by the music of the ainur, and then visualized and actualized by the Flame Imperishable.
- co-ruler and Lady of Lothlórien and saw herself as the “Guardian of the Golden Wood” She is the youngest daughter of Finarfin .
- supreme being of the universe, creator of all existence
- the first dark lord, primordial source of evil in Ea, originally the most powerful of the Ainur created by Iluvatar, and revolted against his creator and sought to corrupt Arda.
- the blessed one, leader of the Ainur, one of the Aratar, and the King of the Valar, brother of Melkor, and King of Arda.
- the creator of the One Ring and is also known as “The Dark Lord” He used to be part of the Maiar but is a fallen Maia.
Ainulindalë (“music of the Ainur”)
- how the universe was created, through the music and the theme of the music