Aging Population (CARERS NSW (d) How do they run/coordinate services?
d) How do they run/coordinate services?
- Carers NSW is a not-for-profit registered charity.
- Carers NSW receives funding from a range of sources including the NSW Department of Family and Community Services and the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
-work with carers to improve their health, well being, resilience and financial security
- make sure the carers recognize a shared responsibility of family, community and government
a) Who are they?
- different cultural backgrounds
- different areas- metropolitan and regional areas
- paid carers
- carers NSW life members
c) What do they do?
- carers NSW works with all carers from around NSW
- supporting carers who care for individuals with needs relating to age, disability and mental illness.
b) Where are they located?
- in all city centers , regional centers and rural areas
Meals on Wheels
What do they do?
Various forms of assistance with food shopping, and the giving of lessons in how to prepare easy, delicious meals for one.
Regular opportunities for clients to come together for a meal at a central location, sometimes including social activities such as discussion groups, readings, card games or physical exercises.
Expansion of the range of food products taken into the home to include breakfast and snack items, and finger food menus for clients with reduced mobility or appetite.
Delivery of frozen and cook-chilled food, in place of hot, to allow choice of when to eat the meal.
How do they run/coordinate services?
Most Meals on Wheels and Food Service organizations in NSW are run by local management committees, made up of volunteers from the community. The committees receive and control funding to employ one or more people to manage and coordinate the daily operations of the service.
Where are they located?
Located all over Australia, largely in cities but also regional and rural areas
Who are they?
35,000 volunteers in NSW each year
Males, females etc.
All about living
how do they run/coordinate services?
- run by members and corporate services team, service delivery team and a nursing team
helped by volunteers
what do they do
- assistance with personal activities
- help with nutrition such as meal preparation
- continence managements
- help with mobility and dexterity
- transport and personal assistance
- home help such as domestic assistance and mowing