28.Social Change 20th C Ireland (Transport ( Before; Horse and canals.
- A woman who has witness change in Ireland since 1950
- Born in Cadamstown, Offaly in 1945.
- The Catholic Church was very powerful.
- Attended mass every Sunday.
- No meat on Fridays.
- Mum is very religious but she doesn's agree with everything.
- She loved to read but some of her favourites by James Joyce have been banned by the Church.
- Great day; Pope John Paul III visited the Phoenix Park in 1979.
- Voted for divorce in 1997.
- Church isn;t as powerful; less people go to mass.
- Have 3 siblings who have emigrated but I can visit them as it is cheaper with new airlines; Ryanair.
- When I was younger; one radio - listened to a programme; The Kennedys of Castleross.
- Now; 3 televisions.
- Growing up; worte letters.
- Now; Everybody uses phones