Financing for Healthcare
Financing for Healthcare
- Established in April 1984
- National scheme that set aside part of individual's monthly income for personal or immediate family's medical expenses.
- It can be used for health screening, pay for chronic diseases and marriage and parenthood purposes.
- Medisave withdrawal limit such as hospital stay in, day surgery nd so on and Table Of Operation
Medisave-approved Integrated Shield Plans (IP):
- These are private insurance coverage provide addional benefits and coverage to the patients whe they choose to stay at Class A and B1 wards in public or private hospital.
- Low cost basic medical insurance scheme introduced in 1990.
- Premiums for MediShield can be paid by Medisave.
- Help members meet large Class B2/C hospitals bills which could not be sufficiently covered by their Medisave balances respectively.
- Newly named MediSheld Life by end of 2015.
- Set up in April 1993
- It helps patient with difficulities paying the subsidised bill charges despite MediSave and MediShield Life.
- Can use immediate family member's Medisave where possible
- Have to be a Singaporean
- He/She received treatment as a subsidized patient.
MediFund Approval Level
There are 3 levels of approval:
1) Medifund Level 1: Pre Qualified Cases (Auto)
2) Medifund Level 2: Staight Forward (SF) Applications
3) Non-Straight Forward (NSF) Applications
Medifund Level 1 - Pre Qualified Cases (Auto):
Medifund Level 2 - Straight Forward (SF) Applications:
- Those who are on public assistance such as people who hold a public assistance card.
Medifund Level 3 - Non-Straight Forward (NSF) Application:
- Recommended % based on household income are the same or lower than eligible %
- Aproved at Medical Social Worker (MSW) Level
- Recommended % is greater than the eligible % ased on household income
- Approved by Medifund Committee (in-charge of Medifund)
- For Singaporeans 65 years old or above
- The term 'silver' usually used for to describe elderlies.
- Launced in November 2007 in restructured hospitals and institutions.
- Was set up in September 2002
- Offers disability insurance to all 40 year old Singaporeans with CPF accounts to risk-pool against the financial risks of suffering a severe disability
- Aid to pay for severely-disabled person's out-of-pocket expenses by issuing a monthly cash payout for 6 years.
- Severely-disabled person refers to a person is unable to perform a number of activities of daily living (ADLs)