10.7--SPECIFIC BUSINESS DEDUCTION UNDER (10.7.17 Scientific Research…
10.7--SPECIFIC BUSINESS DEDUCTION UNDER
10.7.11—managing musical or culture groups (section 34(6)(i)
incurred in the establishing and managing of a musical or a cultural group approved by the relevant Minister
• encourage cultural activities are deductible.
• Whether the deduction includes the cost of musical instruments and costumes used by the musical or cultural group.
• Whether expenditure incurred on purchasing equipment (such drums and guitars)
• Would qualify for capital allowances.
10.7.12-- sponsorship of Arts, cultural and Heritage Activity (section 34(6)(k)
• The private sectors is encouraged to support on sponsor any arts or cultural activities.
• Approved by the Ministry of Communications and multimedia are deductible expenses .
• The amount
deductible maximum of RM 300 000
• The deduction allowed for approved foreign arts and cultural activities is restricted to RM 200 000.
10.7.13—Scholarship (section 34(6)(i))
to : Any students for any course (Dip, Deg, Postgraduates)
• No limit but restricted to fees required and reasonable cost of living
• Conditions :
• Full time students
• Students has no means of his own
• Total monthly income of parent <RM5000
10.7.14 Halal Certification Expenditure(section 34(6)(m))
• Expenditure must be incurred in the year of certification is issued
• Covering the cost of renewal and other required accreditation
• From YA2005, eligible for double deduction
10.7.15 Practical Training(section34(6)(n))
to all employers
• companies, sole-proprietorship, partners
• Non-employees who are Malaysian tax residents
10.7.16 International Standardization Activities
is given for company :
• For participating in international standardization activities approved by the Department of Standards Malaysia
• Within relevant period
10.7.17 Scientific Research Expenditure (section 34(7))
• Deductions that should
not be included
• Quality control of products
• Research in social science and humanity
• Data collections
• Management studies
• Market research and sales promotion
• There is distinction between research and development expenditure
• Deduction allowed for research only
• Need not obtain for approval
• One-off deduction