From Adobe's Perspective
Recommended Steps Forward
In parallel with technical support of Sapient, I would recommend us focusing on supporting on below subjects:
• Plan a PoC to prove the proposed way of working (AEM-AT) above.
• Establish common naming conventions for Target activities. Ideally same for all teams working in Target. ( Jonas and Karin said they were working on this. Ideally it should be a common convention for Volvo. )
• Establish optimization organization/team for each org working with Target. As described in slide 25 - Recommend you have a Centre of Excellence on global level to ensure a common practice. If possible form org point of view - start with shared/global team resource for both Trucks and Buses.
• Document optimization process.
• Documents Roles for optimization process. What competence do you need?
• Plan and execute Training Program: Business & Technical . Training on business optimization. Training on tools.
Challenges Presented by Consulting Team
Governance and communication - today they don't have a cross-platform approach to how they implement their governance model. There is governance at the project level but no governance at the program level or strategic business level.
Engagement model - Move Volvo from a silo to a cross platform
Collaboration and planning - looking at the full stack multi-solution environment and how looking at how we can support and optimise that.
If we need to maintain a long-term relationship
Understand where the customer is and what they are trying to achieve.
Adobe need to define their role with Volvo i.e. vendor? Do we help them to grow their company? As the partner have misrepresented Adobe.
We lack the understanding of the IT infrastructure of the client. How do we fit into their architecture and advise them how we can better their infrastructure in order to achieve their objectives using Adobe products.
We should show them from an industry perspective. Maybe show them what we did for BMW.
From Volvo's Perspective
Challenges from an IT Perspectuve
Go for less customizations
IT have a cost perspective
Consolidation (having 1 platform they see AEM as the 1 platform). IT wants AEM but need good arguments for pushing against Sitecore as the alternative option.
Rows of old code, takes them 4 weeks to change stuff, to get anything done would take too long changing the site, no enablement.
No brand governance with sapient, no check-ins
Highlighted Problems from the Maturity Assessment
The relationship with IT is bad from the business perspective
Volvo operate by dealers a lot so they don't have much knowledge on what happens with the dealers that is viewed as a problem.
Running video campaigns, they cannot track if it influences their sales. (They don't know what to measure)
Social media is the best performing area- Jonas Lindth