Citizenship revision guide (Social responsibility is when individuals and…
Citizenship revision guide
is a government run by the people; ordinary people have the power to influence how things are run.
Northern Ireland has its own devolved government that binds Nationalist and Unionists together in a mandatory coalition.
is when individuals and groups within society commit themselves to making a difference to the lives of others and have a genuine concern about the welfare of others
directly targeting individual groups of property
as above but not targeting particular person group or place
- Groups but pressurise governments to change policies
Ways young people demonstrate social responsibility
- Sign Petitions to show support for a cause
- Join Peaceful Protests
-Volunteer for a charity for NGO (Non Governmental organisation)
Good Friday Agreement
Good Friday Agreement
took place on
Frday April 10th 1998
**The Good Friday agreement is a multi party agreement between British and Irish government parties in Northern Ireland to bring peace and democracy in NI in 1988
A Devolved government was established which is committed to power sharing between the largest political communities
A devolved government is a government with devolved (handed down) legislative(law making) powers.
Key terms used in a multi cultural society
-Treating someone unfairly because of the group they belong to.
- inaccurate opinions on others and making judgements about n individual or group without reason
- believing a race is superior to another one or ethnic origin.
- Bigoted intolerance of other religious groups which lead to prejudice.
- Having generalised views about a group and thinking that everyone in that group is the same e.g all football fans are hooligans.
Northern Ireland Executive
The Northern Ireland Executive is the devolved government of Northern Ireland, an administrative branch of the legislature Northern Ireland Assembly. It is answerable to the Assembly and was established according to the terms of the Northern Ireland Act 1998, which followed the Good Friday Agreement (or Belfast Agreement). The executive is referred to in the legislation as the Executive Committee of the Assembly and is an example of a consociationalist government.