Search Algorithm (Measurements of search Algorithms (Optimality Ability…
Measurements of search Algorithms
Ability to find the highest quality solution
How much time needed to find the solution
Ability to find a solution where there is a solution
How much memory required
Infrastructure of search Algorithm
where to move
where is origin
Node path cost
Total cost to get to the destination
Types of search Algorithm
Iterative Deepening Depth - First Search
• Combination of best features in Breadth-First search and Depth-First Search
• Special type of Uniform search
• brute-force search algorithm that requires an explicit goal state.
Depth - First Search
• This is a recursive algorithm that uses the idea of backtracking
• Recursive nature of this algorithm can be implemented using stacks.
Breadth - First Search
• most commonly used approach.
• First move horizontally and visit all the nodes of the current layer then, Move to the next layer
Uniform - cost search
• Expansion of Breadth-First Search
• Select less cost path to expand first.
Depth - Limited Search
• Version of Depth-First Search
• Decide the number of level that going to expand before the search start
.• Solution for the infinite moving problem
Best - First Search
A simple heuristic, graph-based search algorithm and Heuristic can be general rule or set of.
Make locally optimal choice according to the given heuristic and aim to find the global optimum.
A * Search
• High performance and commonly used algorithm in path-finding and graph traversals.
• More than one heuristic is used to find optimal solution