Integrating Coggle in with guided reading lessons meets ATSL standards. …
Integrating Coggle in with guided reading lessons meets ATSL standards. :check:
Standard 1, know students and how they learn.
• “Coogle it” is a creative way that can scaffold students learning in guided reading, making the guided reading program inclusive for all students physically, socially and intellectually.
• Based on prior knowledge and assessments of students teachers can adjust and add appropriate activities on Coogle it for all students to access all at once in guided reading time.
Based on the student's development teachers can place students to work independently or in groups
• “Coogle” it is a creative way that can scaffold students learning in guided reading, making the guided reading program inclusive for all students physically ,socially and intellectually.
• "Coogle it" is diverse and allows teachers to develop a teacher directed guided reading program.
standard 3, Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning. :check:
• The teacher can sequence activities to cater to student’s needs.
• Teachers can add a range of resources that can be added to Coogle. such as video clips, educational links, and activities to enhance their skills in creative thinking, problem-solving, build on reading skills such as comprehension, fluency etc..
Teachers can personalise learning goals for individual student by adjusting learning activities.
Standard 6, Engage in professional learning :check:
Working with a program like this you will always be looking for new and better resources that you can easily add to Coogle for student’s engagement and specific learning needs.
• Teachers can let other teachers access Coogle to give you professional feedback on areas of improvement, resources and activities to improve and give you new ideas to make Coogle work better for you and your students.
Standard 4, Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments.
Even though Coogle is developing students to be independent and self-regulated learners, students work is always monitored by the teacher for a safe environment.
• Engaging activities are chosen by the teacher so that it co insides with the curriculum and teacher can implement activities for assessment purposes. For support Coogle does have the access of a group chat were teacher can communicate with students through messaging.
• Giving students feedback and support on activities.
• Teachers can also manage the activities by giving students clear instructions in their activities such as short video uploads of instructions to support their learning.
• As guided reading is usually a daily classroom activity in a literacy block, this Coogle be created to be part of a daily routine for students to log on by themselves and become more independent and self-directed learners.
• Working through their activities at their own pace.
• Coogle has a privacy function, were students work is safe and confidential and can’t be viewed by other students, but can be made available to teacher to assess students in their progress.
• Coogle is a secured site that only stays within the classroom.
Standard 5, Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning :check:
• “Coogle it” is great for teachers to be able to access students work at any time for assessment and reporting.
•Teachers can assess students work on a regular basis and provide feedback on their completed activities.by messaging them through a private message they will receive when they log back onto coggle.
• “Coggle it” is a good way to store information to be made available to other teachers to access for prior knowledge for classroom teacher change overs.
• Teachers can access students work easily to show parents/careers at parent teacher interviews.
Standard 2, Know the content and how to teach it
Integrating ‘‘Coogle it'' in a guided reading program can improve guided reading programs. ''Coogle it' 'has the advantage of being interactive between student and teachers.
• Keeps teachers more organised enabling teachers to easily access students work for assessment and reporting as it is all stored on Coggle.
• Teachers can evaluate and asses’ students reading at any time by viewing uploaded video files from the students.
• Having students work assessable on Coggle allows teachers more time to focus on the content in Coogle that scaffold students learning better to suit individual needs of a student.