Elasticity (Bond ( Bond energy = U = kBT
T temperature in K
So you can understand elasticity not as how you deform the food
but how you change the length of the bonds.
- In the equation for bond energy (U = kBT) in the video above, the "B" in the Boltzmann constant, kBT, should be written as a subscript, not in line with the rest of the text.
When we squeeze the steak or marshmallow, we change the lengths of the proteins,
If there are four times as many protein strands per unit volume in the steak as in the marshmallow, in order to achieve the same amount of strain or deformation in the two foods, you would have to apply stress to more bonds in the system, which would take much more energy. This extra energy requirement is why the elastic modulus of the steak is so much higher - you need to apply more energy to the steak (i.e., press it harder) to get the same degree of change in the bonds.
- Bond energy = U = kBT
- T temperature in K
- Distance btw bonds = l
- Volume btw bonds = l3
What is mouthfell?
The term “mouthfeel” is used to describe the physical sensations a food produces apart from temperature, taste, and smell. The term “texture” is sometimes used interchangeably, although mouthfeel also encompasses sensations such as density, tenderness, and dryness.
Spring ConstantF =-k ∆L
- F for of the sprint
- -k minus sign is always restauring the force Spring constant
- L Longer
- try to get longer if you're compressing it
- try to get shorter if you extending it
- Protein of flour (10%)
- if there's not enough gluten in the bread in it, the bread cannot rise
- le sel rend plus elastique la pate
- overwork a dough developpe le gluten, le rend plus elastique
- is about 70 to 80 starch or carbohydrates
Absorbing water help to develop the gluten network.
Il all the glues molecules are not dissolved in water, no easy to strech out
- made by bacteria via fermentation
- muscle fibers
- connective tissue
- are very fine. Thinner than the average human hair
- they're several inches long
- made of protein
- is a translucent film
- attach the muscle to the bone
- made of collagen
Cut of meat contain about 75% water
It makes the meat juicy,but not tender