Medieval Japan/Europe World Geo Wrap Up (Connections (1) One thing that…
Medieval Japan/Europe World Geo Wrap Up
1) A pull factor is knights and nobles. Many families would send their children to become pages, so they could become a knight or noble. However, a large population of the knights were men, so you didn't see many women carrying a sword and shield.
2) Another pull factor would be the wars. Many of the men in families were called to help in the war, especially if they didn't have enough soldiers.
3) One pull factor was religion. Many people would move closer to a monastery or church, so that they could be learn more about their religion. Also, maybe they didn't want to living next to someone who didn't agree with their religion.
1) A push factor of Medieval Europe was the constant wars. Everyone was in civil wars with each other. Many civilians would move because they don't want to be in the middle of a war.
2) Another push factor is the plague. The plague or Black Death wiped out almost a third of the population. This effect a lot of people because once someone around you had it, you were very likely not to survive from it as well.
3) Another push factor was religion. A lot of people from different religions were going all over the place. A majority of them were either Jewish or Catholic and this caused a rivalry between them. This caused a lot of the crusades and wars. However, this also caused a lot of people to move because they didn't want to be living next to someone of a different religion.
1) A push factor of Japan was the constant fighting. Many rival clans were fighting with each other for land or resources. This caused a lot of people to worry and not be a part of it, so they wouldn't live near the fighting/wars.
2) Another push factor is the nature around the island of Japan is surrounded by the constant fighting of the waters and the land. There is always tsunamis and earthquakes. This could make people want to move away from Japan or any island in general.
3) One push factor is trading. People couldn't really trade being isolated on an island, so many merchant and traders would take boats all the way to the silk road, so they could have a better opportunity with trading.
1) A pull factor were the samurai. Many people would move, so that they could become a samurai. Then they would work for their master and go assassinate enemies or rivals.
2) Another pull factor of Japan is the fertile soil. They had very fertile soil which was very good for crops. So, many farmers would move there to be able to grow good crops, and make a lot of money.
3) One pull factor of Japan was the constant wars. Many rival clans were fighting each other, so people moved because they didn't want to be a part of a big mess. But, they missed out on the opportunity to gain land.
1) One thing that Japan and Europe have in common is that they both had their own type of warrior. Europe had the knights and Japan had the samurai.
2) Another thing that Europe and Japan both shared is that they had a hierarchy. Both of them had the leader at the top and at the bottom were peasants.
3) A thing that they have in common is that they land. They both had natural protection from enemies. Some of these included mountain and rivers/bodies of water.
Big Idea: Overall, Medieval Europe was one of the worst periods of time because there was absolutely no happiness only death and disease. However, some things that have been passed down to our generation. For example, the song Ring around the Rosy came from Medieval Europe. But, it was based off of the Black Death.
Text to Text: The book, The Hunger Games, can be connected because their world went through a harsh experience just like Medieval Europe. And many people died trying to survive in these worlds.
Text to Self: I can connect with Europe because they went through a disease period. I can connect because I have gotten sick, like a cough or cold. But what separates me from Europe is that theirs was deadly.
Text to Media: Europe can connect to the media because they have been the star of many movies. For example, they have been the star of where people base their movies or TV shows.
Text to World: Medieval Europe can connect with the whole world because they went through a disease. And just like them the whole world has gone through deadly diseases. So, they both can connect because they both have gone through a state of disease an death.
Text to Media: The media can connect with Japan because a lot of movies are based off Medieval Japan. For example, Star Wars is based off of Japan.
Text to Self: I can connect with Japan because they invented sushi and that happens to be one of my favorite foods. Also, they have invented many of the shows that I have watched.
Text to Text: Japan is related to the many cookbooks. This is because Japan created some of the many foods that people commonly eat.
Text to World: Medieval Japan is related to the world because they invented a sport which we still compete in today. They have international tournaments that you can win money from.
Big Idea: Overall, Japan was one of the best regions to live in at the time. This is because they were naturally protected from invaders, such as the mongols. But, they also took pride in their women. They were allowed to have rights that were just as good as a man. For example, women were allowed to be samurai and they were also higher in the hierarchy.