School Improvement Cycle (Evaluation (Why do we need Evaluation?
School Improvement Cycle
- a.How many years of document to be analysed?
*The Whole Five years
b. How long does the inquiry take place?
*Full academic year before the visit
*You can begin your self study earlier
- Who are involved in Self Study?
*All community members [teachers,managements, Board of directors, students and parents]
3.Why do we need to do self study?
*To reflect on the implementation of the Standard and practices in the school
- To plan to strengthen the implementation
- What do we need in Self study?
a. Self Study Questionnaire
b.Evidence of the improvement
*Organization of teaching and administration
Phase 1 Before the visit
What are the plans to be done by the coordinator?
- Define Agenda with the IB team
- Fund the visit
3.Organise the logestics
- Prepare the community
Phase 2 During the Visit
What are the things to done by the Coordinator?
1 Provide logistical support
b. meals[ lunch & dinner]
2.Suitable room in the school
- Provide translator if needed
Documentation to be available
- Sample students work to indicate the progress of learning
2.Newly developed planners for all the Units of Inquiry n for all the grades
3.Current version of School Program of Inquiry [POI]
- Subject specific scope and sequence documents
- Sample report cards of each grades of each year
6 Exhibition documents and Portfolios
Phase 3 After the visit
1.What should be done after the visit?
- Communicate with the IB team
*Wait for the report
2 Who are waiting for the report?
What do we need?
We need an Agenda
- To meet the Board of directors
*Program with the whole community
*Observation of classes
*Visit of the whole school
- Who receives the report?
The Head of the school or the PYP Coordinator receives the report
- What does the report carry?
*Commendations on practices
- Recommendations for practices
5.A.Response to recommendations
Must be incorporated in School's action plan
B.Responnse to matters to be addressed
Submit evidence to IB before the deadline