How can collaboration between multiple cultures produce something…
Imagine you are a worker for the Transcontinental Railroad. How would the building of the railroad benefit or hurt your life? What struggles would you have endured while building the Transcontinental railroad? Divided into two groups each group will pick a company to represent and each student in that group will pick a worker to represent.
During the presentation, students will express the struggles the workers and company endured, how workers of different ethnicity and race were treated, and how the Transcontinental Railroad influenced everyone in United States.
- Students will post and comment in the class Google Classroom what positive and negative effects came from the Transcontinental Railroad.
- Using various resources, students representing both companies will present to the class what life would be like building the railroad from the company and a employees point of view.
- Students will show a timeline to show how the railroad helped western expansion.
- Provide a central big idea or essential/driving question.
- Describe the connection to the NCSS Ten Themes
- Describe what the different technology applications are and where they can be found.
- Describe why the technologies are beneficial to a wide range of learners based
- Development of cognitive, linguistic, social, emotional, and physical areas should be discussed.
-Describe specifically what learners the technology is intended to benefit.
- Provide research in APA format to support your claim
The 10 Ncss Themes1. CULTURE
- TIME, CONTINUITY, AND CHANGE
3. PEOPLE, PLACES, AND ENVIRONMENTS
- INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT AND IDENTITY
5. INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS, AND INSTITUTIONS
- POWER, AUTHORITY, AND GOVERNANCE
7. PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION AND CONSUMPTION
- SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, AND SOCIETY
9. GLOBAL CONNECTIONS
- CIVIC IDEALS AND PRACTICES
ESL: Activate prior knowledge -teach for comprehension - evaluate progress - build motivation -select appropriate reading materials
- Google Classroom
- Comment in Class Google Classroom