Unit 3 - Single Phase AC Induction Motors (6.2.7 Protection of motors -…
Please note that most of these videos and training materials will cover most of the required QCTO curriculum requirements for Electricians.
It is very difficult to find specific detailed info on one topic only, for this reason, one clip might cover all the requirements.
- List the different types of alternating current motors and describe their construction
- Explain the principle of operation of alternating current motors
- Characteristics of single phase and three phase motors
- Describe and explain how tests are conducted on alternating current motors
- Describe with the aid of diagrams, the configuration of motor connections
- Describe and explain protection devices used for alternating current motors
- Explain how time delay and current rating of overload protection devices influence their use in protecting motors from damage in case of locked rotors, overload during operation and short circuits.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of single- and three-phase motors
- Calculate alternating current motor properties
Requirements to complete this topic or prerequisite
- Electrical fundamentals
- Basic Hand tools and power tools
- Principals of Single phase, Three phase and DC supplies
- Circuit protection - equipment
- Conductors - wire, ect.
- Electrical measuring instruments
- Drawing and sketches - engineering as well as basic electrical
QUESTIONSQuestion and answer site
https://www.quora.com/topic/Induction-MotorWhat are the uses of electric motors?
What is the use of AC motors?
What do we use induction motors for?
What are some things that use electric motors?
What are the different types of AC motors?
What is the difference between synchronous and asynchronous motors?
How does the motor work?
What is induction motor and how it works?
How can we control the speed of induction motor?
What is the AC series motor?
What is a split phase?
What are the five types of single phase motors used in the industry?
Which type of induction motor is used in ceiling fan?
Which type of motor is used in fans?
What is a split phase motor used for?