CLIL: umbrella term Content and Language Integrated Learning …
CLIL: umbrella term
Content and Language Integrated Learning
language across the curriculum
CLIL Content and Language Integrated Learning
Catalonia: PELE / PILE
Eurydice Report 2012
Summary and conclusions 2012
• A variety of names for a variety of situations.
• CLIL often part of school provision but not on a broad scale.
• Predominance of English as a target language
• No clear preference for any particular subjects.
• The need for teacher training more focused on CLIL.
• Evaluation far from general practice but encouraging
BE Bilingual Education
CBT Content Based Teaching
IP Immersion Programmes
Canadan immersion programmes
efficient and successful
A. creates conditions for naturalistic language learning
B. provides a purpose for language use in the classroom,
C. has a positive effect on language learning by putting the emphasis on meaning rather than on form
D. drastically increases the amount of exposure to the target language
USA bilingual and content based education