1.3 About Lil Dancers
- A key piece of content from the persona discovery is uncovering a little more about Lil Dancers. We want to provide an access point to that content.
- Meet the leadership team or head instructors will help to create a bit more trust.
- Pictures of the leadership team getting involved in a class or instruction will create a sense that leadership are actively involved.
- Photos of leadership team, candids.
1.4 camp dates
- Give users quick information around camp dates, when it starts, when registration starts, when it closes.
- Pair this up with a sign up to be notified for important dates might be useful
- Excel Sheet for dates of availability
- social, global nav, access to orphans (Empowered Single Ladies), copyright.
- Instagram link, facebook link, twitter link
- Terms/Conditions legal
- We want to ensure that people have quick access to registration information with a strong CTA. This section doesn't have to be lengthy or complex, just a strong CTA coupled with the next registration closing date to create a sense of scarcity.
- Additionally, the copy for this section may want to telegraph how a parent can search or filter for the right camp for their kid(s)
5.0 About Lil Dancers
5.4 Our staff
- who is all the staff? Who will be teaching my child?
- Can I find out about them and what they are like?
- What makes them qualified to teach my child?
- What makes them qualified to teach in general? They may have experience in dance but do they have experience with kids?
- How do you make your hiring decisions?
5.3 Health and safety
- Are the staff trained in first aid and safety?
- Defibrillators on site? Fire and CO2 detectors?
- How often are your safety procedures audited?
- If my child is hurt, how will you get them to the hospital if needed?
- What's the procedure for notifications f my child is hurt?
- How are people let in and out of the building? Do visitors need to sign in and out?
- What are the procedures if my child is sick?
- parents want to know what kind of facility they are sending their kids to. A picture is worth 1000 words. Let parents explore the facilities through image galleries and captions that describe what kids will do
- Are they professional facilities?
- Is there water fountains and washrooms?
- What are the safety features of the building?
- ideally, testimonials should be weaved in throughout the entire site but it's nice to have testimonials on the about page.
- Need to get photos along with name, and how many children a parent has had at LD
- photos and bios of all staff
- Safety procedures
6.1 Registration Funnel
- Want to capture relevant information of the parent like name, phone and email
- Some parents will have two children of varying ages and if they've added a camp to their registration cart (see item 2.3), they can then assign a camp to more than one child or multiple camps to a single child.
- Users should be aware of the costs and that they can pay for the camp at the end of registration.
- Users should be able to use major credit cards to pay for a session
- Users can create a user account, which will save payment info to make checkout easier.
- Possible to leverage these user accounts for a later time when 'members only' content is available — like camp pictures of kids etc
- Invoice generation, confirmation or failure of payment is also needed
6.2 Information Sessions
- if a parent isn't ready to pay or register, they should be made aware of registration sessions that can help them make a better decision.
- Even if the intention is to never go to one, knowing that there is an opportunity to speak to a real person may be just enough to convince someone that Lil Dancers is trustworthy and has little to hide.
- Listing the dates, times, and locations of information sessions are helpful here.
- CTA to sign up for more information will be useful here, too.
- Could map these locations?
- The goal is to not give your audience any excuse to feel like you couldn't meet their needs or satisfy their concerns for safety. FAQs are a good way to put those fears to bed.
- Find all the questions that get asked over the phone; the ones that you don't want your staff to be dealing with anymore and see if putting them here on the FAQ reduces time spent answering those questions and increases your conversions.
- All registration fields needed
- Merchant Gateway info (stripe, paypal etc)
- FAQ list
- Information Session dates, times, locations
4.0 First Timers
4.2 Pick up and drop off
- Where do parents go to pick up and drop off? How does it work and what are the expectations? Are parent's allowed to hang around and watch? if not, why not?
- will a map be helpful here?
4.3 What to wear
- Is there a specific dress code, if so what is it?
- do clothing and style of dress differ from style to style?
- is there any camp merch that I can buy to ensure that I'm meeting dress code? If not, are there any stores that would sell the required clothing list needed for the session my child is participating in?
- how many of each item do I need to make it through a camp with you?
4.1 What to expect
- No one loves surprises, especially for your child. Parents want everything to go well for their child when trying something new. Little things like arriving late, not wearing the right outfit or shoes can turn an opportunity filled with possibilities into a door that will never open again.
- Give parents everything they need to know about their first day. Think of it as really good onboarding. What are all the things you'd want to know to get you dancing with a sile on your face?
- lots of opportunities to present this content in different ways. Could be FAQ, could be a checklist, could be an agenda of the day.
- Mapping coordinates
- Clothing list
- pick up and drop off procedures
- Any frequently asked questions that can be addressed here
2.0 Rates and dates
2.1 Cost structure
- What are the typical costs for camps at the bottom range and top range. What's the variant that creates that disparity — is it length? This is all content people will want to know so get it out in the open. Given the persona, there's no use hiding costs.
- Give users insight into how the payments can be made; credit card? cheque? multiple payments?
- Pricing list
- Accepted methods of payments
- We want to give parents the ability to search for a camp for their child.
- We assume that most parents are first going to search using what they know — their child's age.
- Parent's will likely look at the times that are convenient for them. Should find a way to search by general time blocks, morning or afternoon preference. If there's a good distribution of times and camps within those times, then break up each general block by hour increments.
- Finally, dance style. There's Ballet, Hip Hop, Modern, Line Dancing and Freestyle as options. If we can make this filtering fun, like dance is fun, it will help reinforce the lil dancers brand. Perhaps icons to depict the dance styles?
- The output of the filtering should be a small list of available camp options, pricing for each, description for each, click through for more details about the specific camp, the instructor, a sample day in that camp, a video showcasing what the kids might learn, coupled with a very strong CTA to register.
- If we know how many have registered and how many spots are still left, we want to show that to help increase conversions.
- Present any first-time customer discounts on page via coupon code
- Show signup for email list for access to coupon codes
- It would be awesome if we could somehow add a camp to a registration cart and assign a child's name to the selection.
- Camp list matrix for dev.
- Videos for each camp (or dance style)
- Reg form
- Sign up form
2.2 Camp Dates
- When does camp start, when does it end, are there important dates for parents — recitals, showcases, exhibitions?
- The blog needs to be about the fun you create and the power of dance as a transformative activity for kids
- What are some of your past campers up to now?
- What amazing things have they gone on to do with their lives?
- You want to capture the notion of possibilities. Parents sign their kids up with the hope that at worst, the kids tire themselves out and crash when they get home or, at best, they fall in love with something and find focus, self-expression, and a work-ethic. Reinforce those notions by interviewing former campers and find out how dance played a role in their path.
- Where's the head office located?
- What's the mailing address?
- Is there an email address I should use?
- Emergency numbers in case I need to reach my child during a session
- high level of the camp ethos and philosophy
- who are the camps for and why do they exist?
- what makes the LD experience better than another dance camp?
- Get the parents into the filters as quickly as possible.