Frequently Asked Question (Where Do You See Yourself Five Years From Now?,…
Frequently Asked Question
What can you contribute to company?
I will bring my experience and knowledge
leadership and management
• i have managed number of projects from initiation to closure
• i have led and gave direction to team members to make sure we are heading to the destination desired by client
• i am also competence in paperwork. I started to work as project engineer who created the proposal
• although it needs revision, i have theoretical knowledge in network and IT, and hands on - from other industries - and I want to bring to Prasarana
• i obtain CCNA and CCNP TSHOOT
• i have educated my clients on network products
What Value Can You Add to the Company
I will account for the activities I do to achieve the objective, accept responsiblity given to me and be transparent about the result, or any other issues.
Why Should We Hire You?
• I am comfortable to handle their expectation, while being transparent.
• my personal interest to serve my client, fulfilling their request and need
• experience in setting goal or milestone
• lead and monitor team members to perform on track
research on network issues
What is Your Weakness
Overthinking and OCD
What is the Most Challenging Situation and How You Overcome?
• Several engineers left the company, including project manager
• I was junior, i had no experience in leading other to complete the work, especially to give instruction to senior
How I Overcome
• think positive - try to minimize the fear
• revise and do the research
• good relationship with the ex-engineers
the pending works completed
gain the trust of project director and invited to collaborate with him in proposing new project for government
Why Did You Quit Your Last Job?
I quit because
• do something different - sales, income setting job - learn new skill
• explore my talent and ability in other field
As I told my ex-boss
• I explained the same reason, but stated that is for temporary
Turning point of my life
gaining fresh perspective on your life
what motivates me
what are my priorities
Even when I temporary rest from my main career, I continued to do elements a project manager has to do
set the targets, and work to achieve them
Where Do You See Yourself Five Years From Now?
fair duration to achieve senior level
the department or domain which under my responsiblity play significant role in overall company business. the one that people respect.
i myself is a brand of trust and reliability in the specific domain. the same goes to people who under my supervision - i'll make them to breath the value of the company.
i myself and my team deemed as valuable player in the company
of course this recognition comes from our effort
I am a former IT infrastructure project manager, with overall 10 years working experience experience in different functions; project management, pre and post sales, and business development.
• In the past companies, I led cross-functional project team members which are overseas located all the way to project closure.
• Because I feel it is so important, it is my practise to extracted clear business requirement and completion criteria to set direction for my team.
• I have maintained accurate and updated project status in order to manage stakeholder's expectation.
• I am also adaptable to new environment and work culture. In 2011 and 2012, I went to Zurich for training and work as part of project team who deliver a communication security project with a Middle East government.
What is Your Biggest Strength
Customer Service Skills
confident with my listening skill, learn the details about customer requirement
product or service knowledge - clear communication
Questions for Interviewers
Based on previous or current project manager, how many months the duration for one client?
If it is not for HP, any other company example will be the potential client?