Chap 1 (c) Brand Consistency : 8 Functions of a brand (4) Protection from…
c) Brand Consistency : 8 Functions of a brand
4) Protection from failure of a single product.
5) To brand product, organisation, service, individual.
3) Changes value of a product (beyond commodity)
6) Promise of a relationship and guarantee of quality.
2) Create personality
7) Speak to customers in a common language(tone).
1) Differentiate one product from another.
8) Sets of ideas in which product features.
g) 5 Strategic elements:
3) Advertising trade characters
4) Ethical Issues
2) Celebrity endorsement
d) Characteristics of brand consistency
Logo, typeface, design, color = visual inter-linked
It's unique look enables consumers to recognize it from competing brands.
Is a long term process.
f) 3 Components of creative ads
2) Present selling idea.
3) Are unexpected.
1) Make a relevant connection between a brand and its target audience.
a) 2 basic function in creating advertistment
Writing the copy
Laying out a print advert (developing visual content)
b) Creative Execution = Image + Words = Creative tatics
To hold attention of targeted audience and achieve the communication or marketing goal.
*Creative idea must be consistent with communication strategy and brand positioning.
e) Advertising creativity
Ability to generate fresh, unique and appropriate ideas that can be used as solutions to communicate problems.
Creativity strategy = Determining what the advertising message will say or communicate.
Creativity Tatics = Determining how the message strategy will be executed communicate.