OPEN SOURCE APPLICATION (Office and Productivity Software (OpenOffice.org…
OPEN SOURCE APPLICATION
- Utility software is system software designed to help analyze, configure, optimize or maintain a computer.It is used to support the computer infrastructure in contrast to application software, which is aimed at directly performing tasks that benefit ordinary users.
- Although a basic set of utility programs is usually distributed with an operating system (OS), utility software is not considered part of the operating system, and users often install replacements or additional utilities.
-free to use
-non profit community
-accessible to everyone
- do not have to think about complex licensing models
- do not need anti-piracy measures like product activation or serial number.
- not straightforward to use
- you can't access everything in the software
Pale Moon is an open-source web browser with an emphasis on customizability; its motto is "Your browser, Your way".
- Engines: Goanna, SpiderMonkey
- Developer(s): M.C. Straver
Initial release: October 4, 2009
- Stable release: 27.6.2 (28 November 2017; 5 days ago)
- Platforms: x86-32 (32 bit Intel x86), x86-64
Opera is a web browser for Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems developed by Opera Software. It uses the Blink layout engine. An earlier version using the Presto layout engine is still available, and runs on FreeBSD systems.
- Website: opera.com
- Developers: Opera Software
- Initial release date: 1995
- Stable release: 41.0.2353.56
- Programming languages: C++
- Engines: Blink, Chrome V8
Google Chrome is a freeware web browser developed by Google. It was first released in September 2008, for Microsoft Windows, and was later ported to Linux, macOS, iOS and Android.
- Website: google.com/chrome
- Developers: Google
- Initial release date: 2008
- Stable release: Linux - 60.0.3112.78, iOS - 60.0.3112.72, macOS - 60.0.3112.78, Android - 59.0.3071.125, Windows - 60.0.3112.78
- Engines: WebKit, Chrome V8, Blink
- Written in: C++
GIMP is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image retouching and editing, free-form drawing, converting between different image formats, and more specialized tasks. - License: GNU GPL v3+
- Developer(s): The GIMP Development Team
- Stable release: 2.8.22 (May 11, 2017; 6 months ago)
- Preview release: 2.9.6 / August 24, 2017; 3 months ago
- Operating system: Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, BSD, Solaris
- Written in: C, GTK+
Avast Software is a Czech multinational cybersecurity software company headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic, that develops antivirus software and internet security services. - Formerly called: Alwil Software
- Headquarters: Prague, Czech Republic
- CEO: Vincent Steckler (2009–)
- Founded: April 1988, Prague, Czech Republic
- Subsidiaries: AVG Technologies, Liberconnect, Inc.
- Parent organization: Avast Holding B.V.
- Founders: Eduard Kučera, Pavel Baudiš
AVG AntiVirus is a family of antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies, a subsidiary of Avast Software. It is available for Windows, macOS and Android.License: Freemium
Developed by: AVG Technologies
Stable release: 17.3.3443 / 30 March 2017; 7 months ago
Operating system: Windows XP and later, macOS, Android
Bitdefender is a Romanian cybersecurity and anti-virus software company. It was founded in 2001 by Florin Talpeş who is currently the CEO.
Customer service: 00 40 31 620 4235
Headquarters: Bucharest, Romania
Founder: Florin Talpeş
Key person: Florin Talpeş
Inkscape is a free and open-source vector graphics editor; it can be used to create or edit vector graphics such as illustrations, diagrams, line arts, charts, logos and complex paintings.- Initial release: November 2, 2003
- Repository: gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape
- Development status: Active
- Written in: C++ with gtkmm, Python (extensions)
- Operating system: FreeBSD
- Platform: IA-32 and x64
- Size: 93.3 MB
- Available in: 66 languages
- Type: Vector graphics editor
- License: GNU General Public License, Version 3 or later
- Website: inkscape.org
Blender is a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games. - Developer(s): Blender Foundation
- Initial release: January 1995
- Repository: git.blender.org/blender.git
- Development status: Active
- Written in: C, C++, and Python
- Operating system: Windows, macOS, Linux
Size: 76.7 – 137.5 MiB (varies by operating system)
- Type: 3D computer graphics software
- License: GNU General Public License v2 or later