Where do I use colour? (Curricular Outcomes (Art/Creative Expression…
Where do I use colour?
Kindergarten Program Statement - Creative Expression
The child explores self-expression through creative thought and through language, art, movement, music and drama (GLE)
The child becomes aware of various forms of expression.
- responds to and interprets visual images, by viewing natural forms, everyday objects and artwork
- experiments with line, colour, shape, texture and pattern in diverse media to explore and express ideas
- Uses past experiences to develop new ideas
- Explores familiar materials in new ways
- begins to connect own forms of expression to forms of expression in the world around: ex: use of collage in own work to use of collage in pictures books and artworks
Math/ Early Numeracy
Kindergarten Program Statement - Early Numeracy
Patterns and Relations
Use patterns to describe the world and solve problems
- sort a set of objects based on a single attribute, and explains the sorting rule
Grade 1 - Creating Colour
1-5 Identify and evaluate methods for creating colour and for applying colours to different materials.
- Identify colours in a variety of natural and manufactured objects.
- Compare and contrast colours, using terms such as lighter than, darker than, more blue, brighter than.
- Order a group of coloured objects, based on a given colour criterion.
- Predict and describe changes in colour that result from the mixing of primary colours and from mixing a primary colour with white or with black.
- Create a colour that matches a given sample, by mixing the appropriate amounts of two primary colours.
Kindergarten Program Statement - Early Literacy The child listens, speaks, reads, writes, views and represents to explore thoughts, ideas, feelings and experiences
The child listens, speaks, reads, writes, views and represents to comprehend and respond personally and critically to oral, print and other media texts
- Talks about ideas, experiences and familiar events
- Connects related ideas and information
- Understands that stories, information and personal experiences can be recorded in pictures and print and can be listened to, read, or viewed
Kindergarten Program Statement - Environment and Community AwarenessThe child demonstrates curiosity, interest and a willingness to learn about the environment and community
The child uses materials in the environment and community and becomes aware of how others use materials
- explores and investigates objects and events in the environment
- shows awareness of similarities and differences in living things, objects and materials
- demonstrates awareness of the properties of objects and events in the environment, by:
- arranging objects or events in logical order
The child explores familiar places and things in the environment and community
- begins to use some technology appropriately in learning activities and to communicate with others
- recognizes that some activities or events occur at particular times : season changes