2.5.4 Input and Output devices (Output devices) (Display device (…
2.5.4 Input and Output devices (Output devices)
visually conveys text,
graphics and video information
– A desktop monitor that uses a cathode-ray tube to
– Bigger and bulkier LCD monitor, consume more
power and prone to screen flicker
– A desktop monitor that uses a liquid crystal
display to produce images.
– Offers sharp, flicker-free images, lighter and
thinner, and more energy saving compared to CRT
– A display that uses an array of light-emitting
diodes to produce images.
– Offers better color quality, clarity, and better
– A display device that uses gas plasma technology
to produce images.
– Offer larger screen size and richer colors than LCD
monitor, but more expensive
produces text and
graphics on a physical medium such as paper
– Forms characters and graphics on a piece of paper
by striking a mechanism against an inked ribbon
that physically contacts the paper.
– Noisy, and print quality is slightly less clear
– Used in business for routine jobs such as printing
labels or multilayers forms.
– Examples of impact printer are dot-matrix printer
and line printer
– Form characters and graphics on a piece of paper
without actually striking the paper.
– Form characters and graphics by spraying ink,
using heat, or using pressure.
– Quiet, and better print quality
– Sprays tiny drops of liquid ink onto a piece of
– Uses laser beam and powdered ink to transfer
images onto paper.
– high-speed and high quality nonimpact printe
– Generates images by pushing electrically heated
pins against heat sensitive pape
– Sophisticated printer used to produce high-quality
drawings such as blue-prints, maps and circuit
– Used in specialized fields such as engineering and
drafting and usually are very costly
A component of a computer that produce
music, speech or other sound
Three commonly used audio output devices
– A type of video projector for displaying video,
images or computer data on a screen or other flat
– It is a modern equivalent of the slide projector or
– HDTV (high definition television) is a the most
advance form of digital television that provide
very high resolution.
– Often used as output for game consoles such as
Microsoft’s Xbox and others.
– Users plug one end of a cable in the game console
and the other end in the video port of the
Any hardware component that conveys
information to people