ISP AND IP ADDRESS (IP ADDRESS (IPv4 (– The most widely used version of…
ISP AND IP ADDRESS
– The most widely used version of IP address.
– IPv4 uses a 32-bit address scheme allowing for a
total of 232 addresses
Made up of four groups of
numbers, that range from 0 to 255, separated
by a period.
– The network part (first three numbers) identifies
– The machine part (last number) identifies the
– The new version of IP address which has more
capabilities than IPv4 in providing more IP
– IPv6 uses a 128-bit address scheme allowing for a
total of 2128 addresses.
The Internet has experienced a phenomenal
increase of devices accessing the Internet.
• Because of this increase, IPv4 addresses are
• The solution is for IPv6 to accommodate this
increased demand by providing a much larger
address space, along with improved traffic
routing and better security.
Represented as eight
groups of four hexadecimal digits, separated
by colons (:)
• Larger IP address space - provide enough
address space for many decades to come
• Better security
• Better support for real time
• Includes Plug and play
• Better optimization
Every domain name contains a top-level
domain (TLD), which is the last section of the