:star:Established in 1953, however only called Oxfam Australia since 2005
Currently runs programs in over 30 countries across South East Asia, Southern Africa, Pacific Region and Indigenous Australia
Aim ti increase the number of people who have a sustainable livelihood, access to social services, effective voice in decisions, safety from conflict and disaster and equal rights.
OXFAM OVERSEAS PROJECTS .
- EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- Provides of water, sanitation, food and health, nutrition advice.
- LONG TERM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- For example in Mozambique Oxfam worked with local organisations to establish irrigation systems which increases potential foe crop growth
- CAMPAIGNING FOR A JUST WORLD
- Campaigns to address the root causes of poverty and injustice