WEB BROWSER AND WEB ADDRESS (WEB ADDRESS (PROTOCOL (*A set of rules that…
WEB BROWSER AND WEB ADDRESS
The World Wide Web (www), or the Web,
consists of a worldwide collection of
electronic documents (or Webpages).
• The World Wide Web is one of the Internet
• Emerged in the early 1990s
WEB PAGE AND WEB SITE
Web page refers to an electronic document on
the Web which can contain text, graphics,
animation, audio, and video
Web site is a collection of related Web pages
and associated items such as documents and
pictures, stored on a Web server
WEB SERVER AND DNS SERVER
Web server is a computer that stores Web
pages and delivers requested Web pages to
DNS server is a computer that translates the
domain name to its associated IP address.
Web browser is an application software that
allows users to access and view Web pages.
• When a user click or start a Web browser it
will display the first page of a Website called
• Home page setting can be changed using the
Web address is a unique address for a Web
• Also called a Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
• Examples of Web address:
*A set of rules that defines how pages transfer on
• Types of protocol:
– http (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
a standard set of rules that defines how pages
transfer on the Internet.
– https (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure)
a protocol for secure communication over a
: Address of the computer that contains the Web
site (IP address)
:Directories or folders that contains the files being
WEB PAGE NAME
: The name of the file that is being accessed
Browsing, web surfing, or navigating the Web
refers to the activity of using a Web browser
to view web pages, and to move from one
Web page to another through hyperlinks.
• Hyperlink or Link is built-in connection to
another related Web page or part of a Web
Refers to text which contains link to other text.
• Mostly used in text-based Web page such as
• Refers to text or image that contains link not
only to text, but also to other forms of media
such as graphic, audio and video.
• Combines text-based links with graphics,
audio, and video links.