INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (EDUCATION (Computers and networks…
INTRODUCTION TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IS THE USE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE TO STORE, RETRIEVE AND MANIPULATE INFOMATION
Allows people to share information more
quickly and effectively even though they are
separated by distance and language.
• Makes communication become cheaper,
quicker, and more efficient
Enhances business, increases productivity and
profits by improving business processes and
making them extremely cost effective.
• Creates new and interesting jobs
Violation of privacy as personal information
shared on the network may not be protected
• Risk in public safety as users are exposed to
crimes when they share photos, videos, and
other personal information on the Internet.
Bad impact on labour force as IT creates job
redundancies and reduces the number of
• Bad impact on the environment as computer
manufacturing processes and computer waste
are depleting natural resources and polluting
Computers and networks have become the
major part in educational institutions to
improve and enhance education materials,
activities and managements.
– Easy access of information
– Learning becomes more interesting
– Learning can takes place anytime and anywhere
– Improve quality in education
Many people and companies use computers
to help manage their finances.
– Improve productivity, competitiveness and
– Help companies to promote their product and
Personal Finance Software
Government use IT to provide society with upto-date
information and services.
– Enhance the convenience, accessibility, and
quality of interactions with the public and
– Modernizing & enhancing its service delivery
E-Filing - Online system for declaring tax.
HRMIS - Online system for updating government
E-Penyata Gaji dan Laporan - Online system
that allow users to view and print pay slip.
Used in health care for various purposes:
– To maintain and access patients’ records.
– To monitor patients’ vital signs in hospital rooms.
– Doctors use email to correspond with patients.
– Surgeons implant computerized devices, such as
pacemakers, to improve patients’ health.
All branches of science, from biology to
astronomy to meteorology, use IT to assist
them with collecting, analyzing and modeling
• Scientists also use the Internet to
communicate with colleagues around the
Publishing is the process of making works,
such as books, magazines, newspapers, music,
film, and video, available to the public.
• Authors use special software to develop these
• Many publishers make their works available
Digital Magazine / e-magazine
Digital Book / e-book
These applications reduce use of papers and
provide convenience by allowing people to
read newspapers, magazines or books online.
Various IT applications helps in making travel
• IT applications make it easier for people to
plan for vacation and to travel to a
Online Reservation System (for transport or
Car Navigation System (such as GPS or
Electronic Toll Collection System
Latest technology have help in making
manufacturing process more effective in order
– Reduce product development costs.
– Shorten a product’s time to market, and
– Stay ahead of the competition.
Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM)