INTRODUCTION TO OPERATING SYSTEM ( Describe concept in relations to OS…
INTRODUCTION TO OPERATING SYSTEM
Definition of Operating System
is a system software that
manages computer hardware and
provides a basic for application program
. It also
acts intermediary between computer user and computer hardware.
Basic function of Operating System
Booting the computer, Provides a user interface, Handles system resources, Provides file management, Provide security management, I/O operations.
Explain 4 various type of OS structure
is a system that considered as
The big mess
because the structure is no structure actually.
is a organize system that breaks up the operating system into different layers.
allows implementer to change the inner workings, and increases modularity.
component in microkernel is communicates directly with one an other.
validate messages, passes them between the components and grant access to hardware.
Networked and Distributed
is a software program that controls other software and hardware that runs on a network .
Allows multiple computers to communicate with one main computer.
Describe 4 various architecture of OS
Single Processor System
only one process can run at a time other processes must wait until the CPU becomes free.
no more than a process can run in a single processor system.
contains two or more CPUs that share full access to a common RAM.
is a single computing component with two or more independent actual central processing units that called
allows 2 or more systems to share storage.
uses multiple CPUs to complete a task.
consists of two or more individual systems tied together.
has two forms of clustered system
2 type of various product of OS and the suitable example
- Program are owned by someone (or some or organization) and distributed through a variety of retail channel including the owner's website.
- Windows - for personal computers and server.
Mac OS, iOS
- for Macs and iPhone and iPad
Windows 7,8, 10
Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2004
Computer software with its source code made available with a license in which the copyright holder provides the rights to study, change and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose.
- for personal computers
- for Macs and iPhone and iPad
- for mobile phones
Ubuntu, Mandriva, K-Buntu, Red Hat, Open Suse
Describe concept in relations to OS
- is the concurrent or inserted execution of two or more jobs by a single CPU
allows more processes
loading many programs at one time to share a single CPU
- is the sharing of a computing resource among many users by means of multiprogramming and multitasking.
- is a memory area that stores data while they are being transferred between two devices or between a device and an application.
- send data that is intended for printing or processing on a peripheral device to an intermediate store.
is a temporary storage area.
improves access time and reduces data traffic to data sources that have limited throughput.
Component of OS
- one program that running at all the time on the computer where all else being application program.
control-card, interpreter or command - line interpreter
program that reads and interprets control statement is executed automatically.
- get the next command statement and execute it
allow the data to be stored, located and retrieved easily.
In other word, file system developed to provide an efficient and convenient access to disk.
8. Identify the different interface of OS and example
allows users to directly enter commands that are to be performed by OS
- MS-DOS and UNIX
device that controlled by means pf the human voice.
- Microsoft Voice Command for PDAs
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
allows provide a mouse - based window and menu system as an interface.
- represent programs, files, directories, and system functions.
allows a user to enter data that is sent to a server for processing.
- defined in formal programming languages such as
NAME : 1) NUR AZMINA BINTI AZAMI
2) PREBASREE A/P SEGARAN (21DDT17F1167)